No. of Recommendations: 0
you just came upon an uninformed, doesn't care, employee. You get those at almost any store

Yes. Except I came across 3 who didn't seem to care. Well the 3rd guy is the one who gave me a new tv, but he too did not challenge the lack of customer care. All 3 offered no regular customer service type language.

I am not one to take a single employee's attitude and apply it to thousands of stores. I appreciate your point and agree with it. I am a teensy tiny bit smarter than taking a single example and throwing the baby out with the bathwater over it, as it were. Meaning, my point, which may or may not have been gleanable from my presentation, was in fact that there were no employees who seemed customer oriented. There was a 4th employee standing right there the entire time in fact, a former Blockbuster manager that I've known for years. And though there was no "scene", I was in there long enough, and unsatisfied enough, in the appropriate area, in an appropriate way, that if there was a single Best Buy manager type in the store, he or she was aware of my issue. But I might as well have been telling my concerns to a mountain, where the echo back was "Tough LUCK...Luck....lu..." A collective echo of the whole store.

Maybe on a different day. But not this day, not this store, and not any employees in it.

Had he taken the TV in the back to someone with knowledge they could see it wasn't a power surge issue.

Good point and the 3rd guy did in fact do that. Maybe that's why they gave me a new one, I don't know.

Paul T.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.