Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
You know, I manage to avoid buying every stock that's touted on the Internet. You might try to learn how to do that, rather than censoring everything.

It's not a question of censorship, it's a question of the type of community the Fool wants to cultivate. You and I may know that these stocks are bogus, but people are obviously clicking on the ads or else they wouldn't be there. There are a lot of people who come to the Fool because they are trying to learn about the markets, if the Fool is accepting sponsorships from companies that could financially harm their readers, than I'm sorry, but I have a problem with that.

The Fool can set whatever ground rules they want, but if it's caveat emptor, than I'd like to know that. We may live in a dog eat dog world, but that doesn't mean that communities shouldn't look after each other. Every one can have their own opinion, but I don't believe that it's appropriate for "analysts" to accept stock for remuneration of services. This leads to conflicts and questionable analysis and isn't an unreasonable restriction given the Fool's own policies.

If others feel that this type of research is ok to put in front of our community, than so be it, but after spending two years in an ad free environment, it pains me to see these vultures picking off Fool readers.
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.