margin of safety of 20%
p/nta below 1
pe around 10 or below
dividend yield more than I could get in the bank
positive cash flow,
ev/ebit - to give me a return of about 20% or higher
increasing sales and reducing recievables and inventory
high profit margin

well, I have not yet really found a company that has all this - and I like buying shares and have made some money with them. I get impatient and then ring up my broker (who I trust) and buy on his recommendation (at the moment he told me there is nothing to buy) .

I really like guiness peat group and should do a proper study of that - ron brierley seems to know what he is doing. its pe=2.6, p/nta = approx 1; its interest coverage is 1.36 ( i like to see greater than 3 - it was in one of the books i read by roth and seems conservative) but its dividend yield is 2.10%. its 130 out of the top 150 companies by capitilisation in the australian market. that's done it - I had better do a proper study of this company - i have been following it for about 2 years and it doesn't look like a fly be nighter. (and I am in a buying mode better to buy an investment than another nick nack that I have no use for - and i do so enjoy investigating companies and of course making money.)

Judy

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.