Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
You make an excellent point. Tom lays down some pretty specific criteria for Rule Makers, but where do these criteria come from? They SEEM to make sense, but have they been back tested to see if they work like the Foolish 4 criteria? Tom layed out 9 Cash King criteria last year which all seemed pretty sensible to me. But after less than a year, he abandons those and comes up with new criteria with a mysterious scoring system. I was not even able to find the new criteria or scoring system on the web site. The Rule Maker background material on the web site still has the 9 Cash King criteria. I have bought the new book, but I haven't gotten to the Rule Maker chapters yet. Maybe this will all be explained there, but I would really like to see some more background on the web.

I owe most of my investing knowledge to the Fools and love all of the stuff that they do. However, I also find it strange that Tom talks about the Rule Maker criteria in a Wise manner when the criteria is only just being tested now.

Domer
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.