No. of Recommendations: 0
You may want to consider gifting one or a few of the E bonds to eligible family members - each recipient will not have to pay income taxes on the first $10,000 of the gift.

I believe you will find that the bond cannot be gifted. To gift it, you must cash it and give the redeemed value (less taxes paid by you at your rate).

Consulting a knowledgable tax pro couldn't hurt either.

This is what I would advise at this time.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.