No. of Recommendations: 2
You might remember a guy I will bring up at lunch today. He was once a customer of ours at the honky-tonk saloon. He paid big $$$ to be a judge on Wednesdays whenever he came down from Summerland Key.

He doesn't remember you. He remembered Frank and Shannon and Nikki and of course, Irene, Billy and Bill.

Anyway, I had my notes wrong, conflating your story and his. He bought Ethereum at $4.00 (I'm looking at my index card stack where I write notes to myself during my 2 or 3 nights on.)and sold at $700, not $70. "Worst mistake of my life in crypto, Rock." He didn't tell me how much Ethereum he had, but my guess is maybe 100 to 1000 on a lark.

(I'm looking at Ethereum $1250.00 at this moment.)

He's retired from Wall Street and trades for a living. Taking his boat down to his Costa Rican home Sunday, otherwise, I would have brought him along today. Or at least have asked him to come meet us. He's a very rare bird and very much a loner. I've never, not once, seen him in the company of anyone, male or female, at the bars where he finds me.

He bulldozed his home on Summerland where he spends every November and December. (Hurricane Irma destroyed it. Several boats crashed into pilings, taking out a few of them, the house caved in.) He's buying a fancy R/V bus and parking it on the pad next year. Told me he's having a trading setup built into the bus.

I was shocked to learn he was in Bitcoin since 2014. He bought 100 and just let them be. Has never sold one. He makes his real money trading futures. He showed photos once of his trading room which used to exist in the Summerland home. Amazing!

He's the one who hinted at I should learn to use trendlines and lines of support resistance and then lurk in a room where pro-traders trade the S&P futures to see how they use lines of support resistance.

"Keep it simple," he told me about 10 years ago one night.

Anyway, he's back in Ethereum and HODLing. (He calls it HO-dling, while I've been pronouncing it Hod-ling.) He had never heard of VeChain or Ethos. He gave me one new coin which he bought at ICO and which will hit the exchange some time this month. It's one I was already looking over. Coming from him it made me think, "Hmmmm."

He told me he's lost everything on a couple of ICOs he jumped via Korean exchanges. but to him, a few thousand here and there is nothing to a trader who makes $20,000 or more per day trading futures.

That said, he owns a home in LA, NYC, Costa Rica and Summerland and is looking at Singapore next.

He's a non-drinker now. Very focused. Spent about $5000 in our Champagne Rooms with women I selected as the most intelligent and beautiful. Every woman hosting him upstairs raved he was a gentleman and never asked them to dance for him. He simply talked film, music and books.

He's probably mid-forties to early fifties in age.

He was retired back when I first met him ten years ago and was already trading for a living.

I asked him to give me his phone number, but he demurred. A guy like him doesn't want to get bogged down with someone trying to access his secrets. I just take what he throws at me and digest. The hints of how to do this trading for a living are all I get from him.

But seeing him for the first time in about 3 years last weekend was sort of providential in that he told me I'm the only one he's run into in Key West who follows the crypto scene.

I told him, "That's why you got to investigate Ethos. With only 5% of Millennials invested in crypto, and 4 Billion unbanked people in the world, there's a lot of pent up fiat which can come into a market where Banksters no longer control IPOs."

Sooooo, when you start investigating Cardano, don't forget VeChain and Ethos.

We're going for "Best Of" coins from here on out. The best of in their niches.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.