Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
You might want to check with your lawyer to see if you have to tell him that you'll be out of town and someone else will be caring for the children at that time.

Yes, I do. Even if I wasn't legally obligate, I would do so. I would expect the same from him, though I doubt I could ever count on it.

We also have right of first refusal - so if he was available I would have to tell him I was going out of town and give him the opportunity to have the children. As he will be leaving town before me, I no longer am obligated to do that (as he is unavailable), so my "alternate" childcare plans will be in place.

Of course, even if I didn't have to give him the opportunity I would have. I can't seem to get off the high road even when I'm taking fire from the enemy and my supplies are cut off.

If he asks why you didn't tell him, very matter-of-factly tell him the truth that you thought he'd do something to try and screw it up if he knew about it.

Oh! I'm not sure how I would even word that. I see what you are saying, I'm just not sure I have the cajones to admit it to his face.

Something like "I didn't tell you earlier because I believe it is personal information. I don't ask who you are dating or what your plans are with them, because they are none of my business, either. It won't affect the children's daily lives any." is probably about all I can muster, honestly.

impolite
whimp, in face-to-face combat

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.