Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
you must treat yourself as an employee of the "S" and pay yourself a wage.

Right, I understand the primary concern -- I can't dodge paying my SE/SS and income taxes by relying strictly on pass through income. The problem I'm facing is more procedural, which I should have been more explicit about.

The question then is: do I have to pay wages via W2/W3 reporting, or can the reasonable salary simply be paid as disbursement with the employee (me) responsible for SE/SS payment and income tax withholding? The latter _seems_ like it's easier, but maybe I'm painting W2/W4/I5, etc. etc. as being more complicated than it really is.

Quicken has a service called QuickPayroll which may be enough for me to get by with, but it's a subscription service which is rather annoying. I have a free trial here so I'll look into that.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.