Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You need to check regulations of the state you are
moving too.

I live in NH, close to MA border. NH has no sales tax and high registration fees. MA has sales tax. If you
buy a car in NH, and then try to register it in MA, you must pay the MA sales tax before MA will issue plates. Also, NH does not refund unused part of registration if you move.

The bottom line in MA is, you pay sales tax on car, or you don't register it in MA.
Print the post  


Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.