No. of Recommendations: 0
You need to open an IRA account with a broker. There are many online brokers that offer IRAs without charging an annual fee. When you fill the paperwork out you tell them how many shares of GEGBX you own and how many of those shares you want transferred to your brokerage account (or the cash equivalent). They will take care of the rest for you.

There is a message board here in Fooldom on discount brokers. You can find out just about anything you want about all of the brokers by going back and reading a few posts.

You are correct about the cash. Margin accounts are not authorized for use in an IRA. So be careful when placing market orders when you are close to being maxed out.

Good luck to all.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.