Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You should check to see if there are any state tax benefits for contributions to your state's 529. Here in NC, I get a state tax deduction on the first $5000 in contributions to the 529 so I contribute that much each year.

Don't forget about the Coverdell Education Savings Accounts. You can contribution up to $2000 per year if your modified adjusted gross income is less than $220,000 joint ($110,000 single). You have the same investment options as you do the Roth IRA. I have accounts for my daughters at Scottrade.

Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.