No. of Recommendations: 0
You should have kept your copies of your tax returns for prior years. If so, you should have a copy of your 8606 (form you fill out for non-deductible IRA's. The IRS says it is your burden to show how much is deductible vs. non-deductible, so if you don't have this information, you may have to pay tax on the entire amount converted.

Sounds like it may be time to search through the dusty attic. Good luck.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.