Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
“Insurrectionist Photographed In Nancy Pelosi's Office Says It's Unfair He Remains Jailed”
——————————-

Richard Barnett, 60, pleaded with a judge today to let him out of jail, where he’s been since he was arrested shortly after the riot. Pictures of him happily mugging for a pic as he sat in Pelosi’s chair with his feet on her desk quickly surfaced and became iconic.

“They’re dragging this out. They’re letting everyone else out,” Barnett yelled to U.S. District Court Judge Christopher Cooper. “I’ve been here a long time. It’s not fair! They can’t keep pushing me out month by month! Others are already home. After a brief recess, his lawyers said they would file a new bail motion. The judge said he would rule on releasing Barnett after that and then abruptly ended the hearing.

Barnett was indicted on seven counts, including felony obstruction of an official proceeding. The day of the riot, he proudly identified himself and bragged to a NYT reporter about an envelope he took from Pelosi’s desk, adding that he charitably left a quarter to pay for it.

“I am white. There is no denying that. I am a nationalist. I put my nation first. So that makes me a white nationalist!”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/its-not-fair-says-jailed-insu...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.