No. of Recommendations: 6
You want to make reservations today, like right after reading this message. In the park, you want to stay at the Old Faithful Inn. Outside, probably in West Yellowstone. Jackson, which is the gateway to Grand Teton, may be a bit easier to find a place but you want to reserve there too since when you are going is the beginning of the high season.

The park brochure tells you where to visit. The answer is everywhere.

The route from Cody to the park is easy: just take Rte 14 west. The drive, however, is exciting. Fun, but exciting, and you want to make sure the brakes work. I've done it twice in the opposite direction. The second time it was with college friends and I insisted on being the driver for that stage, though we all shared the driving chores. Once we got down they didn't feel so insulted about my insistence.

By necessity, you will be driving a lot, probably a couple of hundred miles a day.

Some months ago I did a Google search on West Yellowstone, it came up rather easily. I haven't looked for Jackson.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.