Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
You will get a K-1 that tells you what income to report on your tax return. There is no specific due date for the partnership to get these to you other than the final extended due date for partnership returns, which is September 15 each year.


To add a little more to this- the type of assistance a partnership K-1 will provide varies
by partnership. For example, I just received a K-1 for Niska Gas Partners (NKA). In
addition to the K-1, they provide a page with a graphic of the K-1 in the center surrounded by
segments of related IRS forms. So, for example, they have an arrow from box 10 of the K-1
graphic pointing to the segment graphic of Form 4797. Quite helpful, especially if another
partnership did not provide a similar level of assistance.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.