Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
You will have to support all those statements. A quick check says that, yes, the GC formed over millions of years. Rock-solid (no pun intended) geology. Yes, chimpanzees differ from us by about 4% (journal articles with over 300 citations). Etc. Actual journal articles presenting actual data.

However, like you, I have better things to do than try to change your mind. Life is too short. I'm happy to discuss various things, but at the end of the day it is not (and would not be) my goal to change your mind. You have to do that yourself.

On the theist dialog board (of which Bryan was my only victim...errr...discussion partner) I am now asking "what do you believe and why do you believe it". That is much more interesting than debunking scientific errors and misrepresentations. I am happy to do that also, but why you believe as you believe is more interesting and may help me understand theists better.

I seek understanding in all things, just because I like to know. Probably a result of spending so many years in college and grad school.

P.S. It would make no difference in how I live my life if it could be demonstrated there was a deity. And especially the Abrahamic deity I would not worship under pain of death. He couldn't even get slavery right, so why should I respect him? But I would like to know if he/she/it existed. Just to know.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.