Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You will pay tax on the dividends in your brokerage account. You may as well take that money and spend it. You've paid taxes on it.

If you need money beyond that, depending on your tax situation, I'd start to wind down the regular iRA. let the Roth grow since you'll get that money tax free when it is time.

What about SS?

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.