Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You will receive a K-1 that tells you how much income you "received". It's a function of holding period and the MLPs activities during that period. But there's no way to determine beforehand how much it will be.


Thanks again Ira.

I think your answers have come really close to answering a question I posed. For example, the question on the last one was indirectly asking, "Can I somehow tell if my income is going to be less than $1000?" (FWIW, the OK website indicated Non-resident filing was only required for OK income above $1000).

I suppose I should have started at the CEP site, and it turns out they do have a helpful section on tax info related to the MLP. The answers y'all helped me independently validate the info provided on the CEP site. The CEP site also pointed me to the NAPTP (National Association of Publicly Traded Partnerships) site- another site with helpful info for dealing with taxes related to MLPs.

Returning the favor for all the help provided in this thread, the site is

Thanks again,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.