Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You won't be filing a 1040EZ this time. If your ordinary dividends are more than $400, you will need to file schedule B. You may also need schedule D for the st and lt cap gains but under certain circumstances, they can be reported directly on form 1040, line 13. Your mutual fund company will send you a form 1099-DIV. You can read or download instructions and forms at the IRS address shown below.

Good luck and ask more questions here if you get stuck.
Hope this helps to get you started.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.