Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
You would be in good company. Here's a story about Jim Rogers (his books are on the Global Gains must read list) leaving new york for asia.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/yftt_1708/Great-Investor-Leaves-America?tickers=

I been gaining more and more exposure overseas for a few years now, but I still think each investment should be looked at from a microeconomics perspective. If you have the entire world's worth of companies to invest in, some of the best values are still probably going to be US based.

I try to go wherever I perceive the value is, regardless of the country. If you subscribe to the contrarian line of thinking, the US market has a lot of pessimism built in to it. That said, I'm still allocating a greater percentage of new money to overseas investments than US ones.

How's that for a non-answer? :)
-Topspin
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.