Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
You wrote:

<Unfortunately I cannot screen for Gross Margin, but
it is easy to reduce the pack via this method.
>

I've found that the best screening software on the Internet, and in my opinion the best anywhere, is Microsoft's Money Central Investment Finder. It requires you to download and install software. I normally avoid any Web site that requires local installs--but this tool is worth it.

Investment Finder will allow you to screen for a huge set of variables, including gross margin. The best part is that it allows you to create your own calculations as screening criteria. For example, I like to look for stocks that are increasing price on greater than average volume. (William J. O'Neil's philosophy). To approximate this volume increase I screen for [avg month volume]/[avg quarter volume] > 1.4. (Recent volume is 40% higher than a three month average).

Investment Finder offers a ton of useful criteria such as exceeded estimates for the last two periods, increase in institutional ownership, analysts raised estimates. You can screen for revenue, EPS, volume and stock price growth in a number of time periods. When the results come back you can sort on any column and save the results only or results plus criteria to Excel.

ps. I don't work for Microsoft and as I said I'm not a fan of downloading and installing components--but this tool is great for screening.

You can find it at moneycentral.msn.com/investor/finder/welcome.asp

Paul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.