No. of Recommendations: 0
Your assets consist of Traditional Iras, Roth Iras, and funds in taxable accounts. You will be drawing down on these accounts to supplement your SS income. From which classification of assets should you draw done on first?

I would draw from taxable accounts first so the others would still grow tax deffered. Then traditional IRA. I would leave the Roth IRA for last since there is more freedom in withdrawls and estate planning with those accounts.

As said before, if in the year one turns 70 1/2, will need to start minimal withdrawls from traditional IRA.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.