No. of Recommendations: 2
Your call on STMP has been outstanding. I was looking at them in the $80s and missed out. C'est la vie as you can't own them all. -- AJ

Thanks. And you're absolutely right....ya can't (or shouldn't) own all the companies that are interesting. I'm a firm believer in the idea that it doesn't make sense to invest in your 30th best idea for example. Then it becomes a question of how much concentration you want. I have most of my portfolio in eight companies, both STMP and ANET are among them, along with NVDA, NFLX, AAPL, PCLN, TTD and one other (restricted by Fool rules still, I think) that I'll soon be disposing of. A lot easier to justify piling more in ANET due to all the things which folks on this board are familiar.

I've toyed with reducing my position in a number of the "big 8" above. Probably will reduce over time. And my token positions are probably not worth it. No rush.

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.