No. of Recommendations: 0
Your IRA manager ought to let you pay your transaction costs from non-IRA funds. If he won't get one that will. You might even be able to invest in Foolish Four stocks through dividend reinvestment programs so that you can make periodic small payments without paying significant transaction costs. Your IRA manager ought to be able to tie a cash account or even an index fund to your IRA brokerage account so that as you make periodic investments they are credited to your IRA. That way you won't have to recognize any interest or dividends in your holding account, either.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.