No. of Recommendations: 0
Your poll may be skewed by the fact that the majority of us posters are American, but, hey, we welcome you.

I know that. That's why I posted here. I don't want some Brit or German telling me about the USA. I want to hear from Americans.

Our main contact with the USA is CNN. Every day we watch guys in white space suits and what appears to be Army guys and police running around everywhere. I know the cable news channels are addicted to FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Disaster) but my wife is starting to think the entire USA is going thru what we see on CNN. She also thinks Yucca Mountain ("temporary" USA nuclear waste garbage dump near Las Vegas) is a top terrorist target.

I'm fairly certain that life goes on as usual in the USA. People are going to work. Kids are going to school. Families go to church, have barbecues, and watch or play sports on the weekends.

The airfairs and vacation packages are cheap and getting more so every day. I just want to warm up my old lady's cold feet a bit <g>.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.