Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi folks. Fool since May, first post.

Was wondering if any of you could outline a strategy for leveraging this CAPS section that has been relatively successful for growth investing.

I may be missing something elementary (please do tell!) but the “players” with the best ratings seem to earn that by posting thumbs-down on vast majority of stocks.

I’m not experienced enough to get into puts and options — betting a security will go down.

I realize there is no “formula” for picking winners, but we are all here for an advantage. Is there a way to filter players that pick more winning stocks?

On related note: I wonder why the feature requires you to hold at least 7 stocks. What if your ideal strategy is to hold fewer?

And why is there a waiting period for the stock to show in your portfolio? If you pick it on a good day, it can go bad by the time it registers and then your score suffers. Frustrating.

What blog sections do you find most useful? If the dates on many of these posts are correct, it’s a concern.

Thanks for any insight!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.