Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
You're pulling our leg here, right?

You realize you are talking about a *maximum* tax increase of a dollar for each of those years. (Except the $55, that could be more.)

If you are serious, have a drink, or several. Smoke something if it is legal in your state. Maybe a rx for Valium? Chillax.

Fuggetabutit. Go live life. If the IRS sends you a bill for a few bucks, pay it. Buy the person behind you in line a latte or something.

This is way too much angst over something that amounts to a rounding error, if that.

In case I haven't been clear, do not contact the IRS, do not hire an accountant for this, do not amend any return. IGNORE IT ALL! Move on and file correctly in the future.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.