Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
This week is a good example of why my weight and my inability to lose weight depresses me.

I stuck to the plan all week. It's a loose plan (so I don't get too caught up in the process and screw myself) but it's not a bad plan. I ate right, exercied, etc. Nothing. Then on Saturday I went to an amusement park. I still ate a normal/reasonalbe breakfast and lunch. I still drank a lot of water. I walked around the park ALL DAY! I ate a little bit more than normal and I ate some stuff I won't normally allow myself, but at no time did I stuff myself or overeat in any way. We stopped for pizza on the way home and I ordered a salad, had one piece of white pizza and didn't even finish my one piece of pepperoni. This was not a day on the plan, but it wasn't a day pigging out, either. Well, the scale finally moved... UP. It seems to have corrected itself, but it's so discouraging that NOTHING could make me lose weight last week.

Yesterday at the officla weigh-in I was down a pound. I barely ate all day and I shaved my legs. LOL I was up a pound by my morning weigh-in, and that would have cost me $5. So, apparently in order to lose weight I must starve myself.

Today I am back on the plan. (I'm not going to make a regular habit of not eating much.) I guess we'll see how this week goes. It had better go better than last week. One thing I like about the FitDay program is that I can print the calendar view (or any view, really) and I can have it display a breakdown of calories or metabolism or weight, etc. I am DEFINITELY trying and doing everything I can, and if I don't see results I am going to take my print-ups to my dr. When I talked to him about it last he didn't seem to think I was really sticking to the plan. Any plan. If I don't see some results I can take the print ups to him as proof that I am eating less and exercising more.

I think I'll walk to school tonight. It's less than a mile, environmentally friendly, and will save on gas. Plus I'll get to count it as exercise. I don't normally walk because I don't want to walk home by myself after dark. I have a final tonight, so I won't be late... and I won't even need to carry my books. It seems like a good excuse to walk. The walking definitely seems to help more than whatever I eat or any other type of exercise.

Rebecca
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.