No. of Recommendations: 0
Whether Zimmerman is acquitted or convicted, Latinos in FL are ticked because the trial smacks of anti-Latino racism, perpetrated by a GOP governor's appointment of a biased special prosecutor.

If convicted, there will be race riots in addition. Given the media cheering on, this could be worse than the Rodney King riots. The GOP governor will look bad to everyone.

I can see FL turning permanently blue, like CA, as a result of this folly.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
If Latinos were taking Zimmerman's treatment personally, I do not think they could fail to notice the left wing media's anti-Zimmerman bias and the always iffy relationship between blacks and Latinos couldn't help but worsen. The Democratic Party would ultimately be hurt by this situation.

My hunch, however, is that Zimmerman's situation is of little concern to most Latinos since he is neither Mexican nor Puerto Rican. If blacks riot like crazy if Zimmerman is found not guilty, it will serve to push an even larger percentage of whites toward Republicans IMHO.
No. of Recommendations: 3
My hunch, however, is that Zimmerman's situation is of little concern to most Latinos since he is neither Mexican nor Puerto Rican. If blacks riot like crazy if Zimmerman is found not guilty, it will serve to push an even larger percentage of whites toward Republicans IMHO.

I truly believe if blacks riot, it will drive a larger percentage of blacks toward the Republicans as well,

Might not be obvious, but I expect it is true.
If Latinos were taking Zimmerman's treatment personally, I do not think they could fail to notice the left wing media's anti-Zimmerman bias and the always iffy relationship between blacks and Latinos couldn't help but worsen. The Democratic Party would ultimately be hurt by this situation.

I don't see how Latinos bag on the GOP for this. Who supports the right of self-defense using firearms? We do. Who wants to deny all Americans the ability to protect themselves? The democrats do.

Easy case to make.
I don't see how Latinos bag on the GOP for this. Who supports the right of self-defense using firearms? We do. Who wants to deny all Americans the ability to protect themselves? The democrats do.

Easy case to make.
Conservatives in general, but soft conservatives that are Republicans in general will use any reason thrown to them by the media as a reason to capitulate and admit the only road to success is to agree that the liberals are correct and that they are all in fact mean people who secretly want to rape their neighbor, replace the solar panels on the house with a coal stove and kick their dogs.

Sure they will shake their head and say dang I just didn't know that about myself, but they do what they are told. They are not morally bankrupt so they can not be all out Dems, but they really know they should be.
No. of Recommendations: 1
and that they are all in fact mean people who secretly want to rape their neighbor, replace the solar panels on the house with a coal stove and kick their dogs.

Not me. I wanna steal their birth control, give 'em cancer, haul them away in chains, and tie their dog to the roof of the car. Then, I'll eat breakfast and figure out what I'm gonna do with the rest of the day.
I don't see how Latinos bag on the GOP for this.

I think it is a mistake to see Latinos as one monolithic group. Zimmerman is unfortunate because he's not Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Cuban. He's part Peruvian I believe. He's part of a small minority within the Latino masses. I see no Latino backlash in the event of a Zimmerman guilty verdict. Latinos are not watching this trial as anxiously as blacks are.

As I write this, things look bad. The jury apparently wants to find Zimmerman guilty of something.
The jury apparently wants to find Zimmerman guilty of something.

*Some* on the jury apparently want to find Zimmerman guilty of something. That is, *some* do not accept self-defense and have succumbed to the evidence-free emotional appeal racial guilt guns are icky messaging of the prosecution.

If it goes much longer, probably they're hung, likely on the manslaughter charge--which makes it a mistrial. And without a change of venue, I'm not sure that they'll ever be able to get a verdict.
The Zimmerman trial jury paused their deliberations at around 6:00PM EST to present Judge Nelson with a question:

“May we please have clarification on instructions regarding manslaughter?”

Nelson announced the question to the parties in open court, and has now recessed court 30 minutes to address the issue with the jury.

The implications of this question can only be addressed speculatively. It does, however, strongly suggest that murder 2 has been discarded from the jury’s consideration. All six jurors may be seriously considering manslaughter, or it may be a situation in which 5 jurors believe manslaughter does not apply (presumably because the State has failed to disprove self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt) but find they are having trouble convincing the 6th jury of the same.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zimmerman-trial-jury-as...

The last paragraph may be wishful thinking. It may be 5 to 1 the other way.
I think it is a mistake to see Latinos as one monolithic group. Zimmerman is unfortunate because he's not Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Cuban. He's part Peruvian I believe. He's part of a small minority within the Latino masses. I see no Latino backlash in the event of a Zimmerman guilty verdict. Latinos are not watching this trial as anxiously as blacks are.

As I write this, things look bad. The jury apparently wants to find Zimmerman guilty of something.

Let's be honest, the majority of the community are LIVs who believe as is reported that it is white guy on trial, even if they were likely to take umbrage they simply may not know.
No matter what the Zimmerman jury decides, his trials aren't over.

If the jury finds Zimmerman guilty, the defense will appeal.

If the jury finds Zimmerman not guilty, the Justice Department charges Zimmerman with violating Martin's civil rights.

Remember,
Faith in God
Hope in the future based on knowing the truth
Charity to our fellow men and women
Duty to ourselves, our community, and our country.

Gilbert