No. of Recommendations: 1
has anybody has good / bad experience with zions bank or ing ? i am thinking of starting online banking and would like some feedback.

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know nothing about Zions, but ING is great for savings, paying 3% now, but they are only a savings bank, they do not offer checking, you "link" your checking account in another bank/credit union to your savings account to transfer funds in and out. You can mail checks also.

Ak, surfin' in the hills north of Fairbanks.
ING has been fantastic. I opened my account in March of last year and frankly, I just did it to get the $25 bonus. But since then, I have REALLY come to enjoy moving my $$ around with their ACH service.

And since my Brokerage accounts pay so little interest, I keep most of my excess cash at ING.

Datek also offers ACH on demand so I can do ACH transfers to & from ING via Datek as well as my the 3 links ING allows me.

Its a SAVINGS account however. Its not for someone who only has small amounts in there and who will want to move it 2 days after it got there.
I have an ING savings account and a credit card with Zions. As others have said, ING is fine if you want a fairly liquid account that you don't use for much besides yield.

Zions has been fine for a CC. Since the re-did their website, it is easy to use, gives all the info I want and isn't too big to download. I've not had any service difficulties with them either.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've been using ING since february, mainly as a holding (savings) account for cash that I've not allocated further. It works just fine. I've got an automatic $50 deduction from my savings account going per month and I've linked it to my checking and brokerage accounts.