No. of Recommendations: 1
"By Tiernan Ray
Shares of Zscaler ( ZS), the 11-year-old security technology vendor from San Jose, California, are up $15.09, nearly doubling from their offer price of $16, at $31.04, after debuting on Nasdaq late this morning.

CEO Jagtar "Jay" Chaudhry was kind enough to take a few minutes to talk with me by phone this afternoon.

The journey of an entrepreneur

For Chaudhry, age 59, who together with his associates will own 23% of the company, it is the culmination of a string of startups that began in 1998 with the sale of SecureIT to VeriSign ( VRSN). From there, he went on to found and sell three other tech companies, CoreHarbor, CipherTrust, and AirDefense, in that order.

"I'm a lucky example of the American dream," said Chaudhry of his path from college in India, where he got a bachelors in engineering from Banaras Hindu University, to serial entrepreneur. Unlike prior ventures, Zscaler was founded without venture capital money, something he is distinctly proud of..."

Barron's Blog link:
https://www.barrons.com/articles/zscaler-nearly-doubles-in-i...

John
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.